Highly efficient electrocaloric cooling with electrostatic actuation: We have developed a solid-state cooling device with a high intrinsic thermodynamic efficiency using a flexible electrocaloric (EC) polymer film and an electrostatic actuation mechanism. The new cooling device is efficient, compact, surface-conformable, and flexible.
- High-performance dielectric elastomers (PHDE) and scalable fabrication of multilayer stacked actuators
- Automatically Modulated Thermoresponsive Film Based on a Phase-Changing Copolymer
- Jinsung won the 2021 Blackstone LaunchPad & Techstars Award
- Jinsung won the 2021 UCLA Graduate Research Pitch Competition Top 10 Award
- Skin temperature-triggered, debonding-on-demand sticker for a self-powered mechanosensitive communication system